The Military Family Research Institute (MFRI) at Purdue University, part of the College of Health and Human Sciences, pairs research with outreach to help improve the quality of life for service members, veterans and their families. MFRI is seeking a graphic design intern to help advance the institute’s mission and cultivate its reputation regionally and nationwide.
This position may be structured either as paid student work for approximately 10 hours a week, or as an internship with course credit. The position may begin either summer or fall 2021, depending on candidate availability.
Under the direction of the external relations manager, the graphic design intern will:
- Assist with the design of social media graphics, fliers, fact sheets, invitations, and other strategic communications and marketing materials
- Assist with the planning and scheduling of social media posts
- Adhere to Purdue and MFRI brand guidelines
- Complete projects according to deadline
- Enrolled in a two- or four-year college program in visual communication design, graphic design or related area
- Knowledge of layout and design, typography, composition and color
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator)
- To apply, please submit a resume and statement of interest along with three samples of your work (or a link to an online portfolio) to Angela Roberts, external relations manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.