- This event has passed.
Focus Forward Fellowship Program
August 11, 2016 - August 11, 2016
The Focus Forward Fellowship is a new program designed to build skills, leadership and a sense of community among female student veterans and military-connected women. Candidates for the program are women enrolled in a four-year institution who will be entering their sophomore or junior year in Fall 2016.
Through the Focus Forward Fellowship, students are
- building a community of support with peers, mentors and faculty;
- recognizing barriers to personal effectiveness;
- identifying strategies and resources to increase their connections and success on campus;
- gaining confidence in problem solving; and
- developing skills to help foster their academic and career goals.
The weekend program was held Aug. 11-14 in Indianapolis, Ind. Additional web-based activities are scheduled throughout the 2016-2017 academic year. You can learn more about the inaugural class here. To join the conversation, follow MFRI on Twitter at @MFRIPurdue and use #FWDFellows.
Please direct questions to:
Lauren Runco, Director Education and Employment
Military Family Research Institute
Phone: (765) 496-6045