- This event has passed.
Focus Forward Fellowship – National cohort
July 26, 2017 - July 26, 2017
The Focus Forward Fellowship is a program designed to build skills, leadership and a sense of community among female student veterans and military-connected women.
Through the program, Fellows:
– build a community of support with peers;
– access corporate mentors to develop new career skills;
– understand individual strengths and how to maximize those strengths;
– identify strategies and resources to increase connections and success on campus;
– gain confidence in problem solving; and
– develop skills to help foster academic and career goals.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Fellowship begins with a free, four day residency program. Cost of travel, food, lodging, activities and materials is covered by MFRI and other sponsoring institutions. All Fellows are competitively selected from a national group of applicants who:
– hold an honorable discharge (if applicable) from the U.S. military or were a dependent of a veteran who does;
– are sophomores, juniors or seniors, or pursing a master’s degree; and
– maintain a grade point average of 2.9 or better.
Once selected, Fellows participate in preparation activities prior to the program. They then attend the weekend portion of the program. Throughout the following academic year, Fellows will engage in an online learning community. These online activities include:
– participate in scheduled webinar(s), discussion boards, and conference calls;
– read assigned material(s) and completing activities; and
– interact with peers, advocates and program staff through the online learning community.
SUPPORTING THE PROGRAM
MFRI is grateful for the support of Colorado State University, which is sponsoring a June 7 cohort; it is open to military-connected women at Colorado schools. We are also grateful for the support of Got Your 6, a sponsor of our July 26 cohort held in Indianapolis, open to military-connected women from schools across the nation.
If you are interested in supporting the Focus Forward Fellowship, or want to learn more about the Fellowship, please contact: