Through research and outreach, the Military Family Research Institute (MFRI) works closely with collaborators to improve the lives of service members and their families in Indiana and across the country. More than 2 million military service members have been deployed since Sept. 11, 2001, many serving multiple tours in combat zones thousands of miles from home. Their families serve too, managing challenges and opportunities unique to the military lifestyle. At MFRI, we work every day as a "force multiplier" for the support of military families in and beyond Indiana. Our efforts and leadership are helping to enhance our state’s reputation in military circles, and have caused us to be sought out by local, state and national decision makers for advice and collaboration.
We are guided by five strategic goals:
- Support the military infrastructure that supports families.
- Strengthen the motivation and capacity of civilian communities to support military families.
- Generate important new knowledge about military families.
- Influence policies, programs, and practices supporting military families.
- Create and sustain a vibrant learning organization.
2012 Executive Report
MFRI's 2012 Executive Report will give you more insight into our strategic projects, research and outreach. You may also request a copy of MFRI's 2012 Annual Report by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org including your name, title, organization, mailing address and email address.